Please note: You must have PTO categories already created to set up PTO Accrual. For the steps on how to set up a PTO category, click HERE.
FrontRunner allows you to configure the accrual of PTO so your Team Members can earn time off based on time worked. To set this up, please follow the steps below:
- Go to Agency Set Up
- Click on Step 2: Management Options
- In the section titled Team Members, locate the Team Member and click on the orange pencil icon to the right of their name.
- Their information now be visible on the left side.
- Scroll down to the PTO Category section.
- Click the orange edit icon next to Accrue Time Off.
- In the next window, check the "yes" box.
- This will open the settings to set up your PTO accrual calculations. Enter the information as desired.
- Example 1: Your team member is scheduled 40 hours a week. You want them to earn 1 day of PTO for 1 month (approximately 20 days) worked, with a max of 10 days per year.
- Example 2: A team member is scheduled 40 hours a week, with a unpaid 30 min lunch per day. You want them to earn 4 hours of PTO for every 80 hours worked (a PTO accrual rate of 4 hours per bi-weekly pay period.) At this rate, your Team Member can earn 104 PTO hours (13 eight-hour days) over the course of the year (26 pay periods).
8. Select the orange icon that says Done to save the changes.
9. Set the Accrue Time Off Effective Date (This is the date that you want the system to start calculating PTO accrual for that team member; this is typically their hire date).
10. Click Update User to save all changes.
If you have any questions that remain after reviewing our Help Articles, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Submit a Support Ticket by visiting the Quick Links section at the bottom of FrontRunner. Please be as descriptive as possible and include all information that would expedite a resolution.